RDR 401D3 Disturbance (Fault) Recording System
RDR 401D3 is an IED from DRAGON 3 series. It provides high degree of extensive analysis of the performance of the power system, its protection equipment and other components before, during and after a network disturbance in the electric power system occurs (in substations at MV/HV/EHV level and in power plants).
RDR 401D3 IED transfers the recorded data to the Disturbance (Fault) Recording System, via its communication interfaces. The recorded files provide all necessary information about the fault process, relay protections operation, primary equipment state, regime parameters, etc.
The Disturbance Recording System has a decentralized and open architecture, consisting of a two hierarchical levels - Local Units level (LU) and Central Units level (CU). Local Units level includes IEDs of RDR 401D3 type. Central Units level includes powerful, end-to-end range of software and hardware for acquisition, archiving, and visualisation of recorded files.
The central unit level could also be simpler. It could, for example, consist of standard PC running FTP-software for management of communication and archiving of the recorded files received from the IEDs.
Disturbance (Fault) Recorder
- Sampling rate – 1 kHz/4 kHz
- User defined trigger conditions and records duration
- Recording mode -overwrite (ring buffer) or saturate
- Each sample consists of instantaneous values of all analog and digital values
- File format - COMTRADE
- Sampling rate – 50 Hz / 10 Hz / 1 Hz
- User defined trigger conditions, records duration and values
- The function could be enabled or disabled
- Recording mode -overwrite (ring buffer)
- Each sample contains RMS values of all selected analog values
- File format - COMTRADE
- Up to 1000 records
- Each event consists of information about the event’s type, some additional data (such as pick-up current, voltage, the time elapsed and so on) and the time stamp of the event (year, month, day, hour, minute, second, millisecond)
- Recording mode - overwrite
- SCADA communication - IEC 61850, IEC 60870-5-103, IEC 60870-5-104, MODBUS RTU/TCP
- Configuration tool - ROCON MMI protocol
- Web-based interface - HTTP
- Time synchronization - PTP (IEEE 1588), NTP / SNTP, IRIG-B or PPS
- File system access – FTP
- standard COMTRADE viewer;
- ROCON Comtrade Viewer;
- ROCON MMI software;
Configuration, setting and administration
- ROCON MMI
- Web server
- Up to 4 communication ports
- Optional extension with I/O modules
Note: All flyers are subject to regular update.